Wednesday, March 4, 2009

I'm getting political

I went to a town hall meeting for the first time ever!!!! I went to speak my mind about the lack of city help when it came to the sewer back up. There were over 40 people at the town meeting wanting to speak about the problems people were having. One man said he'd never seen that many people at a town meeting. Everyone got three minutes to stand up and speak about what's happened to people in their basements with water coming up through the sewers. I have never heard so many people stand up and speak about one problem and have a group of elected officials just stare blankly. I was very angry that we all pay property taxes and these people were not saying a thing to us about how they would be helping us. I felt like we were all groveling to these people who are no better than me. I will now be making this my new mission. They soon will all know who Errin Mendibles is.

No comments: