Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hello road trip, goodbye Chicago!






We finally made it out of Elmhurst around 1:30 p.m. today. We not only had to leave today but we had a second showing so the house had
to luck VERY clean! Last night a neighbor had a going away party for us. It was so nice of Monica to do that so we could say goodbye to everyone at once. Late night, with wine and then sleeping on an air mattress. Needless to say we were moving a little slow this morning.
We got out with everyone in the car and headed to St. Louis, MO. We stopped in Springfield , IL so I could see Lincoln's house. We got there 5 minutes after the last tour left and I was to tired to talk my way into letting us on the tour. We walked on the outside of 8th and Edwards Street. The planked walkways and the coblestone streets added to the ambiance. We of course took pictures but none of us lasted long. It was a cold 31 degrees.
We finally made it to St Louis and were amazed at the site of the "Gateway to the West.". Nicolas didn't understand why it was called that when this is clearly not the west. We just let it be.
So we are all in bed and in the morning we'll eat and while Bella naps Nock and I will find the gym. Then we will head out tonedycate ourselves on the sites and then we plan on finding some good bar-b-q. Then it's off to Tulsa or Oklahoma City. We will see how the day and the driving plays out.
I will upload pictures when I'm on a computer. I'm blogging from my iPhone so I can't add pictures.
We are slowly making it to the West!

No comments: