Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Grandparents visit






Grandma and Grandpa came out to Chicago to visit us. Nicolas was so excited to see both of them. The weather was great for them and they both got to play with Miss Bella, who's demeanor was much better then it was in Tucson.
Larry and my Mom were so content with just playing with the baby, and Nicolas. Nicolas loved having both of them visit because they were able to walk him to school and or walk him home from school. Usually I can't do either because Bella is sleeping, and we don't want to wake a sleeping baby. My Mom and I also had a chance to go do the Frank Loyd Wright house tour, in Oak Park IL. It was a walking tour in a regular neighborhood where Frank Loyd Wright had built many houses. My Mom was able to buy a pair of Frank Loyd Wright inspired earings. It was nice to be able to get out, just her and I. I talk to my Mom on the phone and through video chat, but being with her is priceless. During their visit was Nicolas's birthday as well as mine. They took Nicolas out to his favorite restaurant, Sushi Nest. You know they both love their Grandson when they go to a sushi restaurant. They do not like sushi. I let them know there would be cooked food there as well.
They also took me out to a local restaurant. That night we had a babysitter and we left Bella home.
We also went to Indiana and visited Larry's sister and brother-in-law. They live right on the St. Joseph river. We had a great time going out on their boat and fishing off of their pier. We went to Notre Damn and got to go inside the basilica. Nicolas loves churches, but he'd never been in a Catholic church. He didn't understand why Nick was able to dip is hand in the holy water and make the sign of the cross. He too wanted to do it. Nick explained that he went through classes that taught him about the importance of the rituals of the church. We also visited the grotto We also went to Indiana's sand dunes, beach and lake Michigan. It was great to see the lake actually had waves. Nicolas loved it and decided that he might be able to return with his boogie board.
Larry taught me how to add an electrical outlet. I needed an outlet in our hallway so Larry showed me how to cut a hole in the wall and run wires from the outlet in Bella's room and piggy back the outlets back to back. Low and behold the outlet works. I love learning how to do things. While I love Nick he is often not here so I have to learn how to do things without his help.
It was great to have Larry and my Mom come out. While we miss being a little closer to them it's sure nice to have them visit us. It seems as though we see them very often. Sometimes, when people live in the same town as their family, people tend to see each other less. When people live in a different city it means family comes for more than one day and people are forced to sit and visit with each other. So thank you God for a beautiful family of my own and just as importantly thank you for a family that is financially able to visit us and be so supportive of us.

No comments: