Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Nicolas is 10







My little boy turned 10 on May 21st. It is downright crazy that I have a ten year old son. I'm old enough to have a ten year? Apparently so. Nicolas wanted to make sure that we woke him with breakfast in bed. The problem with this is he wakes up so early. So we gave him a jelly donut in bed and then Nick made him French Toast. He was off to school, but wanted to make sure that I would be bringing a treat for his class. A girl in his class has the same birthday as he. I went and bought cupcakes for him, but in Mayberry that is not good enough. The other child's mother made each child in class a cookie with their name on the cookie and the cookies were in sticks. So they were cookie "suckers." Wow!!! I am so glad Nicolas is a boy. Boy's are not that into how they get their treats. He just wanted a treat and that was that. Poor Bella!!! Here in Mayberry it is the thing to decorate the birthday person's lawn so the whole neighborhood knows that it's that person's birthday. Again, Wow. Anyway back to my child. He received Bakugan as a present. They are a combo between Pokemon and little magnetic balls. Each card has a power and you throw the ball at the cards. I tried playing the game with Nicolas once. It didn't work out. Apparently the game doesn't have rules, or Nicolas just doesn't know the rules.
Nicolas loved the presents and every birthday party that he has gone to has asked for these things. The one good thing about these toys is they are not computer or video games so Nicolas has to actually talk to a friend when he plays. Or he can play this game by himself. We have not had a birthday party for Nicolas yet. Which he hasn' t really had an issue with. Another great thing about boys. We are so lucky to have a laid back young man for our first child. Don't get me wrong Nicolas is very spirited about many things, but for the most part he has been a great person and is growing into a wonderful young man. I everyday thank God that I have been lucky enough to be married to a wonderful husband that loves me so much and together we have created two beautiful children.
Happy Birthday Nicolas, my bright star!

No comments: