Sunday, March 14, 2010

Vegas Baby or so they say!






It was a very wet drive into Nevada, or so Nick tells me. When I get in the car and drive I sleep. I always have been so thank goodness Nick is a driver.
Once we made it to Hoover Dam I was so shocked about the construction. Actually not really. The road into Vegas has ALWAYS been under construction. This time though it seems they are building a bridge to head off the bottle neck that happens going down to the bridge. This bridge will be bigger than the Golden Gate and when we drove by I was astounded by the size of it. Amazing! Of course we had fun saying the Dam Dam looks good and all that.
We finally made it to our room at the Bellagio and we ordered Nicolas dinner, Bella was sleeping and headed out to have dinner with Alex, Nick's oldest brother. We ate at one of the previous Top Chef's restaurant. It was good but to me it was still just a hamburger place. I lost money on the craps table, which Alex said I let him show me how to play and I wold win win win. I've never lost money playing craps until this night. $60.00 came and went. Good thing it was the sale money from Craigslist so nothing really lost but still.
We all slept great and ate at the buffet at the hotel. It's always so hard for me to eat at a buffet because I never eat as much as I feel I should. I'm a cereal kind of girl. I could have cereal for every meal and sometimes I do. We had $5.00 cash left and I asked Nick to go win me a million on a slot. Sadly he was at the checkout counter before we were. He didn't win any.
Vegas was fun but we were only there one night and unless you're up all night into the morning, which I've done in Vegas a few times, that just isn't enough time.
We were all ready to head out and get to Oceanside, CA

No comments: