Sunday, September 27, 2009

Chicago at it's best

Today we wanted to drive down to Chinatown. What we are used to is San Fran.'s Chinatown. That is not what we found. So I called Dori, a friend who's lived here her whole life, and she said we won't find anything here like San Fran. She did suggest cute neighborhoods. So off we went to the yuppie neighborhood called Lincoln Park. This is the same neighborhood that is next to Lincoln Park zoo. We had a great time and what a beautiful area. Lincoln Park zoo is free, they make their money on concessions, parking and knick-knacks.
We walked around the outdoor farm and Bella got to see rabbits, goats, pigs, and how to milk cows. Nicolas loved her reaction to all of the animals.
We then decided we were hungry so we were off to try to find a trendy restaurant in this very trendy neighborhood. I enjoy taking pictures and so I was taking pictures of so many different architectural homes, blooming flowers and of course Miss Bella and Nicolas. One man stopped me and said one house that I was photographing has been in many movies.
We finally made it to Pasta Palazo. It was a small but very crowded restaurant. Nicolas enjoyed his usual pasta with marinara sauce. Nick ordered the jalapeno gnocchi and I got the tortellini with some fancy sauce. It was all very good, but I couldn't really taste it. My mouth was really hurting, so I ate two bites and asked for a box for the rest.
The whole point of the trip was, we live in Chicago. We need to get out and experience this great place before we are gone. I can't believe that we live in Chicago. I mean really, two kids from Tucson, AZ now living in one of the best cities in the world. This is a great city for architecture , food, wine and anything that has to do with Oprah . What a great place for our family to live but even more, what a great place for Nicolas and Isabella to grow up. Nicolas has lived in many cool cities and I hope from each he will take something different and have memories for years to come.

No comments: