Friday, September 25, 2009

Wisdom teeth MIA

Thank goodness I have finally gotten the last of my wisdom teeth out. The whole experience was anything but simple but needless to say it's over and hopefully I can have a few months of no more painful happenings.
What I did learn from this experience is I am so glad I did not live in the early 1800's. Good lord they just had a shot of alcohol and pulled the teeth out. Oh my I wouldn't have made it through that.
After I got out of the chair today my entire back was covered in sweat. I thought I would be going to sleep so when they tried for the second time to find a vein, and were unsuccessful, I had a panic attack. I already don't like going to the dentist so when I saw the dentist with a pair of pliers, I lost it. I went in on Wednesday for the first time and they tried over 15 times to find a vein and I decided I would come back again, after letting my arms rest, and see if they could find any. I went back today with warm packs on my arms. They again tried about 8 or 9 times but were still unsuccessful. The one nurse said she'd worked at this office for 18 years and has never had a patient where none of the doctors could find a vein. The good part of this experience was it ended up being cheaper because I didn't go under. So look, there's a positive in every situation I just have to look real hard sometimes.

No comments: