Monday, September 21, 2009

Letter to God

Dear God,
I was just wondering if you were taking your friend Mother Theresa's quote a little to literal. "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger." Well by God, I ought to be the friggin strongest person. While I greatly appreciate the things I have been given I have given up many things to get them. I have had a hell of a year and 2009 just seems to keep getting more and more biblical. I am trying my hardest to look at the cup as half full, really. Yet I am tested everyday. Type one diabetes would have been enough in my opinion, but you threw in endometriosis and all 15 of those surgeries. You were kind in giving me my healthy little boy, but even that was a huge climb. I lost a little girl, but 4 years later I was given another. Again though I was almost killed giving birth to her. I was then almost killed by another Doc four months later. I wonder if getting in a car crash and totaling my Mom's car was supposed to have a higher meaning. Yes I was not killed and I didn't seriously hurt or kill anyone else. I needed one weekend, just one, to have no stress!!!!!! What part of that memo did you not receive? I am starting to feel better from that incident and now I get to have my two remaining wisdom teeth taken out. One is very infected.
I wish I could figure out the place you are setting me up to go or the goals you're wanting me to accomplish by always having something to overcome. At this point I'm getting a bit irritated and very jaded.
Please let your dear friend Mother Theresa know that I'm not dead yet but I'm sure not feeling stronger!
Your friend,
Errin

1 comment:

FoxFamily said...

I feel for you Errin. I think you are getting stronger though. I'm sure there's a purpose, it just SUCKS in the meantime. I am sorry. :-(